Monday, November 8, 2010

Truth 3 - something you have to forgive yourself for

Hmmm.....what DON'T I have to forgive myself for??? I mess up every. single. day. Seriously. I am not perfect by any means! For real, I actually have to forgive myself every day for not being the perfect parent. It's been a hard realization for me. I had such ideals before I had kids on how it was supposed to look, so when I realized it's pretty much impossible for me to be patient and intentional in my parenting all the time, it was a big blow. A big blow. I cried a lot in the first little while of Ethan pushing my buttons and me not responding the way I knew I should. That being said, I'm growing and learning how to be the parent my kids need, along with being human and continually asking forgiveness from them and Chris, and continually forgiving myself :o)

1 comment:

Tara Serene said...

I love your new blog set-up:) Fun, 30 day idea too!