Monday, November 8, 2010

Truth #2 - something you love about yourself

Oh man, I find these kinds of questions hard to answer because I hate sounding egotistical....the truth is, everyone IS egotistical because from the day we're born, we're only aware of our own needs and wants. Being empathetical or considerate is actually a learned trait based on how we're treated or taught. Anyways, enough of that rabbit trail...something I love about myself...do my kids count? I really love them and they're kind of 'myself' since they're 50% from me :D No, in all honesty, I have learned to love things about myself in order to stay happy and content in life. I think it's important to know your value so that you can be a blessing to others as well as yourself!! So, one thing I 'love' about myself is that I am (usually) happy and positive. I literally light up when I see people and love smiling and making eye contact with people.

This isn't something I have to force myself to do, it is really just who I am and the way God made me. I believe I should use that to make other people feel good about themselves. I think it also a positive characteristic to have when child-rearing. I light up when I see my kids and greet them warmly. I already see them doing the same thing to each other and the other people in their lives. This makes me happy. I hope to teach them how to be great men of integrity with the ability to love. To truly love and think of others. I think men often get so wrapped up in providing and being successful that it's hard for them to engage. I hope to teach my boys the importance of taking the time to engage with other people. The end.

No comments: