Monday, November 22, 2010

Truth 11 - Something people seem to compliment you the most on

Ok, these truths are either depressing; making you dredge up dark stories from the past, or else they make you talk about things that make you sound vain! So here I go again, tootin my own horn. Toot toot!! What do people compliment me the most on?? I don't know.... it's definitely not my fashion sense (or lack thereof)... or my punctuality.... hmm..... I guess because of this blog, I have gotten compliments on my writing, which really baffles me!! I don't consider myself a writer AT ALL! I've never enjoyed writing or had a strong desire to do so. In fact, the only reason I blog is for the pure entertainment of it. I just like reading other people's blogs, and end up feeling inspired to write stories of my own. Maybe it's natural that I like blogging because I love a good story. I can turn a normal check-up at the dentist in to a gut splitting, nail biting, edge of your seat adventure if I really feel like it :D
I'll often be going through my day and make up elaborate stories to post on here from the happenings going on around me or the thoughts I can never seem to turn off, but usually by the time I sit down they've left me, and were only used for my own entertainment to help me through the monotony of my life :D

I used to think blogs had to be a play-by-play of your life, filling the world in on all the details of yours and your children's doings, but I've realized that isn't the case at all. Posts can be simple, deep, funny, boring, a soapbox sermon, or whatever you want to talk about! And I like that. For me it's become an outlet; I find myself thinking and thinking and thinking all day long, and this is just a nice place to get those thoughts out. I actually have a totally secret blog that no one knows the password or URL to. Only me. It's my venting blog. When I'm really rip-snorting mad, I go and vent as fast as my little fingers will let me. I used to try to journal, but who can even write anymore?? I know I can't! My hand starts cramping after the first paragraph! I think that's because I'm a hard writer though. I try so hard to remember that I don't need to etch each letter into the paper like a carving on a wall, and I always start off great but once I start to feel the seizing in my hand, I know I've resorted to my old, hard pressing ways. Sigh. So, I gave up on writing a long ago, and have switched to typing. I LOVE typing. If anything, I should get compliments on my super duper high speed typing fingers!! You can't even see them they're moving so fast! If I was a super hero I'd be Super Typer Girl!

1 comment: