Saturday, November 3, 2007

Why Must He Always Stand??

So the day Ethan turned 8 months old, he started pulling himself up on furniture. We were very excited and proud and took all sorts of pictures. Every time he did it, Chris or I would point it out to each other. Well, the excitement lasted about 2 days until Ethan started pulling himself up in his crib instead of going to sleep!
The first time it happened, it went on for AN HOUR AND FORTY FIVE MINUTES!!! Finally I had to pull him onto our bed and lie there holding him down. He was out within five minutes. That night he wouldn't fall asleep until 9:15 pm, was up at 11:45 pm for an HOUR, again at 3:15 am, then woke up at 7:15 am! (He usually sleeps until 8:30ish)
As I write this, I'm listening to Ethan shrieking (yes, he shrieks like a girl, it's hilarious!) in his crib as he stands there. I can't help but smile. What a blessing he is to me. He brings me so much joy, that even those moments of frustration are quickly forgotten.

3 comments:

Erica H said...

Yeah!!! You're on! Okay, I can't believe Ethan is EIGHT months old! He looks like he should be a toddler - oh my goodness! Annika JUST started pulling herself up about a week ago! I can't believe I'll have a one year old next month! Crazy! Great job on the blog - keep 'em coming!

Lauren said...

you have a blog! Yay:) Was it easy to set up? I can't believe Ethan is so old either! I was just looking at pictures from our first trip to winnipeg--I always think of Ethan as being older than Kallie (which he obviously is) but in my head, I don't think of him as ever being younger than she's ever been, but in those pictures, he's only 4 months old--that's 2months younger than Kallie is now! That's so crazy!!!! Anyhoo--I look forward to reading more on your blog:)

/rach said...

CUTE!~ Babies...I don't understand it. I'm so awkward. But I like hearing about your life!~~ Miss you. I can't wait to play with Ethan one day!