Sunday, November 11, 2007

A Little Cuddle Bug!

Well, for those of you who don't get to see Ethan and his little personality on a daily basis, I'm going to tell you what he's like. Ethan has always been a very content baby. He's always been happy just to sit on your lap or lie on his tummy and play. I've had numerous people tell me that they can't believe how content he is. And smile, wow this boy loves smiling. It doesn't matter who it is, or where we are, he smiles! He's also always been a very good sleeper. This boy LOVES sleeping! He's only awake about 7-8 hours in a day! I know that we're spoiled and many people love to tell me that. Well...in the time frame of about a week, ALL THAT HAS CHANGED!!
Ethan's personality is blossoming into a little busy boy who knows what he wants! I don't know what happened! One day he's laying blissfully in my arms, cooing and smiling and the next he's wiggling to get away, hates going to sleep and will barely look at me long enough to get a smile in! I'm glad we have videos of those first months because I almost wouldn't even believe we had them. He actually screams if I go to put him down for bed and he doesn't want to. Not crying, screaming! I take him out and put him on the floor and he gets a big smile and motors along. Little monkey.
I kind of miss those days with many lazy hours of just smiling and interacting. I was told that boys were really busy, but I wasn't prepared for it to start this early. When Ethan is actually tired and there's something soft, he lays his head on it and nuzzles! It's SO cute! I take advantage of those moments and then we cuddle. At least I still get those times. I guess it's time to have another baby because this one's growing up into a little boy!

1 comment:

Erica H said...

Oh my, that isn't the Ethan I met a few months back! I guess he's showing his mommy that he can be a bear cat, too. :) He has such a sweet smile!