Thursday, November 22, 2007

Ethan Loves His Daddy




Oopsie, fell down!
It's been so neat to watch the relationship between Chris and Ethan grow. When Ethan was just born, Chris felt like he didn't know what to do with him or how to care for him, but now that Ethan's getting older and more interactive, Chris is much more confident in his role. We were talking about it the other day and he said there's just something special about your own child reaching for you and being so excited to see you. It makes Chris feel special and makes it that much more rewarding to spend time with him.
Ethan and I will be playing in the living room when Chris comes home from work. I say hi to him and him to me. Well, the instant Ethan hears his voice, he gets a huge grin and tries to look for Chris (but Chris is in our back landing). The minute he finally sees him, he squeals with delight and can't get to him fast enough. Even in the morning when we say good-bye to Chris, Ethan is in my arms reaching for him. It's so special and I love watching their relationship grow.

1 comment:

Erica H said...

i completely agree - Annika is a total daddy's girl! Now she would much rather hang out with him than with me...I think she gets bored with me.