Saturday, November 24, 2007

He gets into EVERYTHING!

I want those lights!
They are so pretty
I don't have your cell phone, mommy!
Part of being a mom and having other moms as friends is comparing the stages our babies are at. One baby crawls at 5 1/2 months, another one still isn't at 10 months. The mom whose baby is a stationary little log is starting to think "my baby really SHOULD be crawling by now..." Well I've always been one to say "hey, the later they crawl, the better" and it's true. However, when Ethan starting army crawling at 6 months, I was thrilled.
That was then, this is now... in the last month, Ethan no longer army crawls; he has become a very proficient crawler! He has also become very good at pulling up to standing and walking along furniture, and lately I've been wondering why it takes me SO long to do menial tasks. For instance, it has taken me a week to put up all my Christmas decorations. Why? Then today I realized why; because I have a mobile baby who actually demands a lot of attention in a day.
Gone are the days of plopping him on a blanket on the floor or in an exersaucer (aka, the circle of neglect). I am constantly following him around, making sure he doesn't pull down some vase, topple the Christmas tree, eat dirty underwear, or eat the toilet brush....we've had some close calls with that one! Also, his latest is that he loves looking in the toilet. Who knew I'd have to remember to "put the lid down."
I'm so glad my little baby is growing and developing at a healthy rate; what a blessing that he doesn't have any health or developmental issues, but I'm realizing that until he can understand and obey "no," there's not a lot of housework going to get done.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

That is so funny! I can't wait to see him! He was moving very slowly when I last was there--totally different child now! That's hilarious about the toilet brush! I'm really thankful that Kallie is completely immobile right now--I will never push her to move--she'll do it when she's ready! The cell phone picture is my favorite! I love him!!!

Lauren said...

hey! stop voting a bazillion times on my blog--I know it's you--not that many ppl want 4 or more kids;)

Anonymous said...

hi there. i loved the pictures.mom