Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Milestones



Ok, so when you meet a baby for the first time and it's standing and crawling, you don't think anything of it because that's what babies do. You might think "what a cute baby" and that's the extent of it, but I'm realising that when your OWN baby reaches milestones, it's a monumentous occasion. Ethan learned how to climb stairs just today. I was thrilled! And there aren't only physical feats that are milestones. I'm watching Ethan's little personality blossom on a daily basis.

Just yesterday he started making this face where he scrunches his nose and breathes in and out really fast through his nose when he's working really hard to do something or when he gets excited. It's SOOO cute and makes me laugh every time! I just think it's so funny because he's never made any sort of facial expression other than happy or sad (etc...) before.

I love watching him grow into his own person and I just can't wait to see what his personality will be like. Will he be a goofball who loves to entertain people or will he be the silent thoughtful type? It doesn't matter to me, I just love him so much, and that love keeps growing the more I get to know him :o)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I can't believe he's climbing stairs already!!! And that face is just too cute! It totally made me laugh!:)

Erica H said...

Oh my goodness! So it begins! Annika has been half ways up our stairs before I found her. SCARY! Do you have a gate? I'll bet you anything Ethan will be walking before Annika - she has NO desire in that dept!

Unknown said...

I'm thinking Ethan might be an early walker because in one week, he went from just crawling to pulling up on furniture, transferring from one piece of furniture to another, and now will come towards you when you hold your hands out! Also, he now walks very well when you hold his hands and wants to only hold one hand (although that doesn't work too well)