Wednesday, December 3, 2008

So Much to be Thankful For

Lately I've been having a bit of a pity party for myself as I'm alone all day from morning til night with no car, blah blah blah. I often feel left out from my friends in Steinbach that I had to move away from, (since I can't be there on a daily basis) and it makes me quite sad.
But tonight I couldn't sleep, so I decided to catch up on the months of blog readings I'm behind in. One of my friends who had a baby girl about a month before Anthony, is going through something that I can't even imagine going through. One night she woke up and checked on her baby girl to find that she wasn't breathing and was ice cold. She screamed, which thankfully woke the baby up, but the next day the baby had a seizure. Can you imagine having to experience this with your 3 month old baby? It breaks my heart. So now they're in the middle of going through tests to see if she has sleep apnea or epilepsy or something else. On top of it, my friend's grandpa just died, she has to have gall bladder surgery in a couple days, and her grandma (who raised her) is in the hospital. Please take a moment right now to send a prayer up for my friend and her family.
So here I am wallowing in self pity for such trivial things in comparison to what these wonderful people have to go through and I'm humbled. Truly humbled.
"Thank you Lord for my healthy boys and my healthy family. Please forgive me for being so self centered."

No comments: