Thursday, November 27, 2008

Life With The Boys!


And let me tell you, it's quite a life! Who knew having 2 boys would be so much work!! I think the fact that we had our kids so close together really plays a part in how hands-on I have to be with both boys. Ethan is now 21 months and Anthony is 3 months.
The biggest issue I seem to be having is keeping Ethan from destroying our entire household while I'm busy with Anthony. He is SO a boy, and very "curious" (or mischevious, however you'd like to say it) The other day, in a span of about 5 minutes, he had climbed on the kitchen table, stuck his fingers in the plug-ins, dropped something on Anthony, and was just about to drop something in the toilet! Then, another day I had gone upstairs to put the baby down for a nap, and when I came downstairs, he had emptied out our entire filing cabinet (it's one that's on ground level) over our entire basement, and ripped all the flaps off of his book. I haven't even touched the papers all over the floor because it will take me hours to re-organize and I just don't have time since Chris all of a sudden works every day for 15 hours a day. Oh man, I need a nanny!
So for the most part, Ethan listens SO good and obeys us whenever we say no, but it's getting him not to do things when we're not there or teaching him to stop doing "bad" things before he does them rather than during the act. If you have any advice, please advise, because sometimes I just want to throw things at him to make him stop while I'm feeding the baby. (don't worry, I don't even come close to doing it).
And now for Anthony. He is seriously an angel baby. I love him so much and enjoy every moment I get with him. He never cries, I put him down to sleep and he coos until he falls asleep, and when he's awake, he's so content and loves talking and smiling. What a blessing he's been in our lives (don't think I love him any more, I definitely don't, Ethan was also just as amazing as a baby).
So there's a small glimpse into my life these days, I will be updating the blog in more detail soon. Chow!

2 comments:

Erica H said...

Thanks for the updates! I look forward to reading more of them. Life sounds busy with two kids - I'm getting a bit nervous about handling 2 at a time. I used to think the age of the older child would make a bit of a difference, but just because Annika will be 9 months older than what Ethan is with his little brother won't make things ANY less busy...oh mercy!

Unknown said...

Totally! I think the adjustment to 2 kids, no matter the age of the older one is hard. There are just different difficulties. Older kids are probably a little smarter and able to do naughty things deliberately when they feel jealous. Younger ones are too young to reason with, and too curious about their world to think that what they're doing might have negative consequences (or they're too curious to care)