Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sick Baby Update



Poor Ethan, he has not been a very happy camper these last few days. I have spent a LOT of time in the chair in our living room, rocking him. It's actually been kind of nice! He pretty much cries unless one of us holds him with his chest against ours and his head on our shoulder. He slept on me like that for over an hour like that while I read. I loved it.



So the sore on his tongue has grown to almost the size of a dime and it causes him A LOT of pain. It's quite raised and has a red ring around it. He still won't eat but he will drink his bottle, which makes me feel better knowing that he's getting nutrients. We went back to the doctor and got a prescription for his sore to help it heal faster, but I read that they can take up to two weeks to heal, and since this one is VERY big, I'm thinking we're in for the long haul.


One thing I'm VERY thankful for in all of this, is that Ethan is still sleeping really well! He goes down for naps no problem and sleeps over 2 hours, and is sleeping 12 hours at night! Oh I love my baby! I don't know how well I'd handle this if I was sleep deprived.

No comments: