Wednesday, March 12, 2008

6 Quirky Things About Me

My friend Lauren "tagged" me to write out 6 quirky things about myself that most people wouldn't know, so here goes, enjoy!

1. I can't eat off of a utensil that has food even slightly up the handle. For example, when I order a McFlurry from McDonald's and they stick the spoon all the way in, I have to take the spoon out and lick off all the ice cream that's higher than the scoop part of the spoon

2. When I drink an iced cappuccino, I have to drink it from the top so that I'm not left with unflavorful slush at the bottom. If you don't get what I mean, I take the straw and always stir it, then basically pull the straw out as far as I can and still get some drink out and work my way down. (do you get it?)

3. My dishes have to be completely rinsed before I put them in the dishwasher. Not a single crumb or morsel of food can be on them. I also always arrange them in the same order and the cutlery has to be handles down because I feel they get cleaner that way. (but you have to grab them by the handles when you unload them)

4. So enough about food, I'll try to think of some other quirks....hmm...(I'm sure Chris could tell you a long list) Oh, I know! If I have to sit in the back seat of a car, I always like to sit on the passenger side. This was "my side" as a kid, and I just feel weird if I'm sitting behind the driver because it's not "my side."

5. So you've probably noticed that I have OCD tendencies, and here's another one. When I was a kid, I counted everything. I couldn't go up a flight of stairs without counting every step. I could even tell you how many steps people had in their houses. (so these traits are not only quirky, I'm pretty much realizing I'm a little crazy)

6. And lastly (this one's a doozy), I still have this weird kind of counting thing that I do. I'll try to explain it, but I'm not quite sure how to. Ok, you know how if you're counting something on your fingers, you always count them the same way? Well I do too, it's just different than most people. The order I do is: thumb, pinkie, index, ring, then middle (1,2,3,4,5 get it?)

Now here's where it gets weird; a sentence or a line from a song will get stuck in my head and without even realizing it, I'll be "counting" out the words on my fingers.....AND in my mouth....I told you it's weird. So I click my teeth in the same pattern that's on my fingers and I'm not actually counting with numbers, just the pattern that I count on my fingers with. I have no idea if I explained that right, but it's just so weird, I don't know how anyone else would possibly get it.

Well I hope you enjoyed that and I hope you won't tease me too terribly bad. I'm not going to tag anyone to continue this, but I'd love to read quirky things about others too.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

hmm...yeah, just gonna go with crazy:) you are so ocd...it's pretty funny:)!! This was enlightening, even for me:) love you:)