Monday, March 24, 2008

Update Time!

This is what I came home to after a weekend of renovations


After A LOT of cleaning!

The coulour in the kitchen does not look like this at all.

For some reason, these pictures are really dark


So I noticed it's been a while since I've posted the latest in our life. We have been VERY busy - to the point of wanting to curl up and sleep so everything would just go away :o)

We want to sell our house, ASAP, so we've had to do a TON of renovations (even though we've been constantly renovating for the last two years of living here)! There was lots of drywalling to do, so my house was COVERED in dust....not fun. And I don't know about you, but when my house is cluttered and messy, it makes me feel on edge, like I can't relax. And on top of getting all that done, Ethan was sick...again....oh yeah, and cutting 4 teeth.

This time he just had a head cold, but it still took him out and caused quite the crankiness in him. We were starting to wonder if our days of having a happy, content baby were behind us, because he was becoming quite defiant and was throwing crying fits. Luckily, now that the cold is gone, and the teeth are through, he's back to normal - Thank the Lord! I was getting to the end of my rope in the patience department.

So as for our house, a guy Chris works with is very interested, and it's just a matter of waiting to see if the financing going through for him. We are really praying this will work out, because it saves TONS of money on realtor fees, and just the headache of waiting for the house to sell. I'll keep you posted (we find out Wednesday).

7 comments:

Erica H said...

You sound terribly busy! But it sounds like lots of excitement is happening, too! When do you get posession of your new house?

janine said...

Hey, I'm a lurker from Erica's blog...hope you don't mind. You have a VERY cute little boy! I have two of my own - but they aren't babies anymore. They're 2 & 4. And I see you're moving - CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures...I am praying for good answers on Wednesday.

Lauren said...

I hope everything works out!!! You have to put up pics of what your house looks like 'finished'!!! Do you even have trim up on your accent wall?!? I have to see it:)!

Anonymous said...

Wow - Mandi! You did well on cleaning the house! Wanna come over and clean my appartment?? (It's small, but still gets messy ... quickly). ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah - anonymous - that's me... Katharina!!!

Unknown said...

:o) Katharina, thanks for saying who you were, I had no idea! Anytime you need your apartment cleaned, you just tell me, buy me a plane ticket, and I'll be right there
(for those of you who don't know her, she lives in Austria)