Monday, March 15, 2010

For The Records

Ok, for my own records I just need to record the things that Anthony started saying last week. One morning we were walking down the stairs and Anthony stopped. He wouldn't keep coming so I said "come on Anthony." He looked at me and said "I don't want to."
WHAT??? I figured I must have mis-heard him, so I said "Anthony, come here."
"Why? I don't want to."
Shock. Was my 18 month old baby actually saying that to me?? How? Where? When did he figure out what that means?? Ahhh right.... his older brother. Ethan didn't say such things at his age, he talked about busses and trucks, animal noises, and could even count to ten... because his parents were the ones he was learning from. Not so with little brothers. But I don't mind, I actually find it so stinking cute every time he says it (and believe me, he says it A LOT!), and try hard not to smile. What can I say to that sweet little face? :D
The other thing he's picked up on is saying "Please please please! Please mommy! Please!" Seriously, if he ever wants ANYTHING he has resorted to begging... and again, I find it kind of adorable. It sounds annoying to read, but just imagine a cute little 1 1/2 year old with a high pitched voice, who is just learning how to talk say it. So stinking cute.
And I can't remember what the other one was.... hmmm... it will have to wait for another day.
But I will also write about the fact that Anthony LOVES singing, and will put any word into a song: usually to the tune of twinkle twinkle. When we're driving in the car, he'll just sing away "mommy mommy mommy mommy, etc..." to twinkle twinkle.
Oh yeah, one more cute thing he does is call out for things. He's done this since before he was one, but lately it's gotten a little more elaborate. Eg. he'll ask me "mommy, where's one?" (he means where's the other one, if he's looking for a shoe, or something that has more than one of something)
So I'll say "I don't know, where is the other one?"
Then he'll turn around and as loudly as he can bellow, he'll say "ONE, WHERE ARE YOU?? ONE?? ONE?? WHERE ARE YOU??"
I love that boy.

No comments: