Monday, January 26, 2009

Laundry


This will probably be my lamest post ever, but it's something I'm excited about and it's helping me get more organized. So, I LOVE doing laundry, it is hands down, my favorite chore! I even love folding clothes and never empty the dryer without folding the clothes (I hate it if they get wrinkled). My only problem with laundry is putting it away. I'll fold it and put it in laundry baskets, where they'll stay for weeks. Then, when we're looking for clothes, and go rifling through them, the clothes get wrinkled anyways! I have wanted a table in my laundry room for a LONG time now, but couldn't justify spending full price on a table. I'd looked online for used tables, but I don't like things that look old and used. Well the other day my sister called me to tell me Superstore had a dining room table on sale for $40!! It was regular $200!! We bought it....and I got to move our old table into my laundry room!!!! IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE!!! Ok, it's not that dramatic, but I LOVE IT!! Now, when I take the clothes out of the dryer, I put them in their specific pile (each person has a pile), and there it sits. Yup, I don't put it away!! If we need clothes, we get them from the laundry room in the basement where we hang out most of the time anyways. It also works out because we take off the dirty clothes in the laundry room, where they get washed right away. No more hauling laundry baskets up and down the stairs! I actually do take the piles upstairs one at a time, every now and then if I feel like it, but if I don't, it's ok! That's all, I told you it was lame :o)

4 comments:

Brandi said...

do you want to come and do mine? I think it's my LEAST favorite!

Brandi said...

oh - and I totally don't think you're lame!

Erica H said...

I don't think this was a lame post AT ALL! But I'm with Brandi...I HATE doing laundry! I will go days without doing it! I LOVE washing/vaccuming floors, though! But laundry is my nemesis. :)

Anonymous said...

I think this is hilarious. I was going to take up piles of your laundry yesterday and then thought, I better not. I don't know what her system is!! Should have read this first!! Good story.