Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What a Bad Blogger I am!!!

Ok, once again I've been getting heck from people for not updating my blog. My life has been very busy, I haven't even been checking my friend's blogs! Man, if my life is this busy before having a baby, I can't imagine what it will be like afterwards!


(Joanna was an amazing worker, here she is cleaning
out the fridge at our old house)


Londa was also amazing, I couldn't believe how hard these girls worked!


So where do I begin? As most of you probably know, we recently moved to Winnipeg from our home in Steinbach *sniff, sniff.* It's been bittersweet because our house was SO small (727 sq. ft. plus a finished basement), and we really needed the space but it was also Ethan's first home. There are so many memories from that home: it was the first home we bought, planning and decorating the nursery, all of Ethan's firsts, being able to make all decorating choices and making the house our own, and just all the great family memories overall. I really will miss living in Steinbach, it's a great town, and I have a lot of friends there. Now, I know the drive to Winnipeg is only 30 minutes away, but with Chris' job, I VERY RARELY get to use the car because he's on-call and needs to be able to get to work quickly. It is very frustrating, and I'm definitely looking forward to the day when we have another vehicle. (I love being a stay at home mom, but after 3 days of being home alone with a child, I go a little stir crazy and really feel like I need to get out and have adult contact!)



Here's my family, working hard :p



Grandpa Jim walking Ethan into the new house!


So now for the new house. It's awesome, really awesome! For the first couple weeks, I must have told Chris at least once a day how much I love living here. It's amazing how much a house can affect a person's overall feeling of happiness (for me at least). I think that having space has a big part to play in that, because I don't feel like I'm living in clutter and disorganization. It's also awesome for Ethan because he has free reign of the house. We have the basement as his playroom, so he ofter hangs out down there, but he can also play upstairs or the main floor. He REALLY loves it that he doesn't have to be blocked off from stairs and can climb them freely, and although it was kind of tense at first, it's been fun to watch him gain confidence in that new-found skill. Another thing I love about this house is that it feels new. I don't know when it was all renovated, but it was for sure within the last 5 years. And lastly, I LOVE the backyard! It's SO great to have it fenced so Ethan can go in and out at his leisure (yes he can open the door himself!!) and I don't have to worry about him running into traffic. I'll post some pictures soon of how it looks with our furniture in it (since you've already seen the pictures we took before we moved in).

Boy or Girl??


So the last thing to update is our baby situation. A few weeks ago, the doctor thought the baby was a little too big for the amount of weeks I was, so he sent me for a fetal assessment (much to my delight). I knew there would be nothing wrong with the baby, I just carry big (which was the result), but it meant that we got to find out the gender of the baby!! Now you might be getting excited too, but don't get your hopes up too soon, we're keeping it a secret! :o) I've really enjoyed knowing the gender because we can paint the nursery a gender-specific colour, and we don't have to worry about picking names from both genders. The other reason I like knowing is because I now think of the baby as that gender, it's like it has more of an identity.
Now, as for being pregnant, those of you who know me, know that I don't really enjoy being pregnant. My biggest issue this round has been the lack of sleep. For some reason unbeknownst to me, I have a really hard time sleeping while pregnant, and it's now at the point where I wake up every hour all night. I've just accepted it though, and no longer let it bother me. I will get sleep eventually - I just dont' know when :o) Another way this pregnancy is different is that I get braxton hicks contractions A LOT! There have already been points where I wonder if I'm in early labour because they come fairly consistently. I'm hoping that means the baby will come early, and am planning on doing every trick in the book to induce labour, starting next week (because It will be 2 weeks until the due date).

Wow, as I'm writing, I'm thinking of SO many more things to write about, so I'll have to get blogging again. I'll write another post tomorrow to let you all know how Ethan's adjusting to all the change and the dilemmas I'm having with parenting a toddler :o)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay! Finally an update! I wasn't one of the ones bugging you this time though...:) Your life is so crazy! I'm so glad you love the house so much, it's true, it can make a HUGE difference in the way you feel! I'm the same with our house...just having the space! Can't wait to meet baby Carter and see your place all settled in! We're coming back for a week at the end of August for sure, I'm so excited!!

Unknown said...

I'm really looking forward to you coming! Maybe we can actually see you a couple times rather than just once. Hopefully we'll have a one month old by then!

Erica H said...

Wahoo! Thanks for the (loooong) post! :) It was nice to get updated on your life again. I'm sure you're terribly busy! I can't imagine what my life is going to be like with 2 next year (Yes! I'm pregnant, too!). I LOVE your new house! Its so quaint and beautiful - I'm sure you're SO happy there! As for your baby's gender - I kind of have the feeling you're having another boy. But I'm only 50% sure it's a boy! :-) Thanks for the post, Mandi!!!