Sunday, July 27, 2008

Get It Out!!!

YOWZA! (as Lauren would say) That's one huge belly!

Ok, I'm writing in the midst of feeling very strong emotions, so this might not be the happiest post I've ever done.
So, where to start.... I guess with yesterday. I had a pedicure at the Riverstone Spa which was wonderful! My mom and sister had given me a gift certificate for Christmas, and I was saving it (I have really calloused feet and wanted a pedicure for giving labour since the nurses hold your feet). I even ordered a chicken salad wrap and sipped iced tea. The whole experience was so relaxing and simply splendid! (I loved the colour of the nail polish so much I ordered a bottle) Now, I bet you're thinking, what's negative about that? Well this is where it begins. When I sit for long periods of time, I feel ok.....until I have to stand up...

Getting out of that leather, heated, massaging chair was not a pretty sight! It must have taken a good minute just to climb out. Well after that, I was a write-off for the night. We also went out for dinner (more sitting), and spent a lot of time in the car, driving across town from my parent's house (sitting). I really just wanted to go to bed, so I did at around 9:30....well by 1:30 I was WIDE awake, had had 2 baths, taken Gravol, and was dealing with major heartburn, nevermind the pain in my butt, legs, and abdomen! I was sure I was going to wake up in labour last night because of the cramping and pain in my abdomen. But here I am the next night, with empty arms (but still with a sore butt and heartburn)

The word I'd use to describe me right now would be aggitated....I have very little patience, even with Ethan, and my tolerance for handling situations in general is just bad. I think the hormones and the lack of sleep both are factors contributing to that. I JUST WANT THIS BABY OUT!! I don't want to be pregnant anymore and I don't want to be pregnant again!!! So now that I've vented, I'm going to TRY to go to sleep....

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Since when do I say yowza?!?! It's a really dorky word...apparently I'm a big dork:) I'm so sorry you're feeling so crappy, I hope that baby comes TODAY! (or sometime in the very near future!!!) I'm praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mandy, Before you know that baby will be here & you'll even have a bigger smile on your face!! You are a real trooper!! Tell Lauren she said yowza on your last post on your blog!! Take care & try to keep smilin!! Hugs& kisses
Mama Whitburn xoxoxox

Lauren said...

IT'S MANDI MANDI MANDI MANDI MANDI I'M GOING TO LOSE MY MIND!!!!;)~

Lauren said...

So, I'm pretty sure that I have the worst memory ever...just read the other 'yowza' comment...apparently I was so impressed by the word I had to make note of it...and yet had no recollection of writing it. Oh well...hey, I'm really upping your number of comments here!:)

Anonymous said...

hi - i guess i'm "delurking" here. i couldn't help but write a comment, i so often want to, but don't have a lot of time. anyway -i am due same time you are, this is my first though. i am COMPLETELY right with you on this -i just about cried out helplessly for you w/ MY crazy preggo hormones. i am very impatient right now and for the past few days, i've been telling my hubby that i'm just done. i'm done. i need this baby out. my body is worn. i'm tired of the massive heartburn (JUST like you described) tired of not being able to sleep SOLELY due to pain and discomfort, and i TOTALLY know what you mean about sitting too much, or moving around, period! oh man i could go on. let me just tell you, thank you for posting your honest feelings about that. quite refreshing for me. and as with myself, i really hope this baby comes SOON for you, too. i'll be looking forward to hearing (reading) of the arrival!

Brandi said...

I know what you mean - that last part of pregnancy can be so awful and uncomfortable. I was SOO ready to have Oliver out of there and then he had the nerve to be late yet!!! And what's with the not sleeping? As if we don't get enough of that AFTER the baby is born, why do we have to deal with it before? Rediculous! Well, I hope your next couple of days (?hopefully?) are better and that you can get some rest

Erica H said...

I was just talking to my sister in law about the emotions of pregnancy yesterday! I remember so vividly the last couple weeks (where I was overdue), and how emotional I was, and SWORE I'd never be pregnant again - or at least for a VERY loooong time...but here I am - doing it again. You won't be preggo forever, even though it feels like it at times...but soon you'll have that little one in your arms. And you'll forget! You DO look very GREAT with child - but beautiful, too! :)