Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Spring Cleaning!

I love how the warm weather brings energy and inspiration with it! It's amazing how the shining sun and dry ground can do that! Today I organized all our toys in the basement, vacuumed the ENTIRE house (3 floors!!), did 5 loads of laundry (including folding and organizing), cleaned all 3 bedrooms, had to hold a sick baby a lot of the time, had an hour nap, and played with Ethan!! Nevermind the regular cooking, cleaning the kitchen, washing bottles, etc... that comes with everyday life. And it feels great!

For the past 3 summers, I've either been in my first trimester of pregnancy (crappy), had a newborn, or been EXTREMELY pregnant and had a newborn. I was so bummed to move into our new house last summer and not have the energy to plant flowers or veggies. I've already planned how I'm going to landscape the front of our house, and have great plans for growing my own veggies and herbs (I don't have room for a garden, so I'll have to be creative). Just yesterday I trimmed the HUGE cedar trees that give us shade and privacy around our deck. It felt so great to get that done, as I'd wanted to do it last summer already.

The back of the house 2 summers ago - those trees were overtaking our deck,
so I had to trim them (this was before we moved in)

One of the things with having a husband who works A LOT, is that I have to do pretty much all the work around here (buit I don't mow the lawn, I hate it). I'm ok with that when I have normal energy levels, so the past few summers have been rough. But now I have a fresh, rejuvenated start! Here are some pics of the house, since I don't really have any other pics to post, lol!! This is it for this week cuz we're going to Edmonton for about 2 weeks tomorrow and I'm in the process of getting rganized and packing. I'm sure I'll have lots to write about there, until then, enjoy this beautiful spring!

I want to cut down the cedars,
plant colourful flowrs, and obviously paint the house!
(this was also before we moved in, 2 summers ago)



3 comments:

The Rodgers Family said...

landscaping looks awesome! great job. i wish my grass looked that green! good job on spring cleaning too...you inspired me to get going on lots of things. i'm curious how you'll do gardening, too - i have a townhouse, so not a LOT of yard space, but some. looks about the same amount of yard as you have. i'd love to know your ideas - as i'm trying to figure it out too. thinking of doing some big pots/barrels. but we'll see. hope your little guy is feeling better!

Mandi Carter said...

Hey Erika,
I wish my grass was that green right now too, lol!! That picture was taken before we moved in here. I want to cut those trees down in the front of the house. I also want to plant flowers to bring some colour - and paint the house, obviously!!! (that was the before picture)

As for gardening, I too am going to have to plant things in pots and such. I haven't totally figured it out, but when I do, I'll post it :o)

Lauren said...

I am in awe of your accomplishments! That sounds like a week long to-do list for me:) Today, I loaded the dishwasher...and made a couple of to-do lists, I think I've hit my limit for productivity in any 24 hr. period;) I'm excited to see the progress on the outside of your house!