Sunday, December 9, 2007

Look At Me, Look At Me!

So, the older Ethan gets, the more entertaining he gets! He has always been VERY smiley and loves people. Well, Ethan now has realized that he loves being the centre of attention and has learned how to be it. The other day I was in line at the photo centre in Wal-Mart and Ethan was sitting in the cart. I'm just standing there minding my own business when I hear laughing behind me. I turn around to see that Ethan is rocking back and forth, shaking the cart, and grinning with his little nose scrunched, just lapping up all the attention he's drawing. Well every woman there was just tickled pink and couldn't stop talking about how cute he was, how good he was, how funny he was, etc, etc... Seriously, Ethan was IN HIS GLORY!!! Whenever it would get quiet again and the excitement would die down, he'd YELL; AAAHHHH, then wait for the head turns, and do his whole act again! It was so funny and I must admit I felt quite thrilled and proud myself.

Yesterday I was in line at Superstore and he was just staring at this guy who had his back turned. Well what do you know, Ethan yells, the man looks, and Ethan grins, scrunches his nose, and turns on the charm. The guy was fairly young and didn't seem like the friendly type. Well what do you know, he can't help but smile and as I'm looking around, I see out of the corner of my eye that he continues looking and smiling at Ethan.


I'm so glad that my baby can bring people joy. There was this miserable woman in the Wal-Mart, but she was so happy when Ethan was smiling at her. I don't know what's going on in people's lives, if they're going through difficult times, if they have no hope. Maybe they don't have a reason to smile, genuinely smile these days, but there's something about looking in the face of an innocent baby that makes you forget all your worries, even if it's just for a short time. I'm so thankful that I get to look in those sparkling eyes on a daily basis and be reminded of the simple pleasures in life. Thank you Lord for my precious baby who brings me so much joy.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

awwww...I really enjoyed reading that. It's so true--babies bring joy wherever they go!!! Ethan is such a joy:)!!! And I know I write this everytime I comment, but I can't wait to see you guys! The flight's finally booked--so it's only 4 days till I'm in Steinbach!!!

Erica H said...

He LOOKS so friendly in all the pictures you take of him! What a sweetie! I'm sure if Kallie and Annika lived near Ethan they would both be fighting over your flirtatious little man! :)