Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas is Here!

Christmas is actually here. I've had my tree up since the middle of November because Chris' parents were here and we were going to celebrate Christmas with them (we didn't end up opening presents due to some stubborn men *not mentioning any names though...*) but since the house has been decorated forever, it feels like it's been Christmas for a long time already.


But yesterday my Uncle Dave, Aunt Janelle and cousins arrived from Calgary and NOW it feels like Christmas. At my grandpa's house, the big long table is set up with the green and red table cloths, the tree is decorated, the table is covered with chocolates and homemade goodies, and I spent this afternoon cookie cutting with my little cousin Katie (5). She really loved it and it made me remember how much I loved doing that when I was little. I hope it's a fond memory of hers as she gets older. It was also SO great to see Ethan with my family. Dawson and Katie (5 and 7) LOVE him and spent a lot of time entertaining him. It was so cute and they all had so much fun. It made me excited to have more kids.

I was there from 4:00 until 7:00 and the majority of the time, Ethan was sitting on someone's lap being entertained. It's amazing how much pride you can feel for a baby who doesn't even have any great accomplishments. I'm just so proud of who he is. I love it that he loves smiling and interacting with everyone and that he makes everyone around him so happy.

Well, our lives are about to get crazy, but hopefully I'll have some time to post some pictures from Christmas. If I don't get to say it on the day, I hope you have a great Christmas, filled with true joy and lots of love. I also hope you'll remember the amazing gift that God gave us and feel humbled by His love.

*** MERRY CHRISTMAS ***

2 comments:

Erica H said...

Hope you had a fun first Christmas with Ethan, Mandi!

Brandi said...

What an ADORABLE picture! I love the huge smile.