Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Anthony is Half a Year Old!


I know I say this all the time, but I really can't believe how fast time goes by once you have kids. I think it's because they're reaching milestones and developing so fast, that you're more aware of time. So now my baby is 6 months old. Wow. It feels like I was just staying up late every night, unable to sleep due to the HUGE belly in front of me and all that comes with pregnancy. I wondered if I would ever even have the baby or if I would just be pregnant forever. I wondered what it felt like to get a full night's sleep and most of all I wondered who the little miracle within me would become and what he would be like.


And I couldn't be happier with who my sweet baby is and all the ways he brings joy to my life. I forgot how wonderful it is to be greeted by your baby's smiling face first thing in the morning (even if it IS 5:00 am), and that as soon as you open their door, they know you're coming and are so filled with the anticipation of seeing your face, that they actually gasp and squeal when they see you. Or how much joy a belly laugh from your baby can bring you. Someone who doesn't have kids can't actually understand how happy you can be, JUST from seeing your kids happy. It's incredible. And Anthony is such a happy baby. He loves interaction, even if he's in his exersaucer and can see my face in the kitchen, he just stares at me, waiting for me to look at him, then when I do, his whole world lights up and it's like I've made his day, every time I smile or talk to him :o)

As far as milestones go, Anthony hasn't really learned anything new lately. He started rolling over at 3 months, and still only rolls over, lol!! He can kind of sit up for short periods of time, but he still mostly falls forward, ha ha. He loves jumping and spends a lot of time in different jumping devices. Even when we hold him on our laps, he just wants to jump (or grab our faces and SQUEEZE, ow!). He is a joy and a delight, and I am SO thankful for him and all the ways he enhances our lives. I can't imagine life without him, and he makes me want more babies because he's just so wonderful :o)

Here's a little video of Anthony. It's not very
exciting, but you get to see a little bit of his
demeanor and personality at least
(please excuse the weird noises, I only do them
because he like them) :p


2 comments:

Erica H said...

Cute video! He's such a smiley kid!!

Brandi said...

what a little sweetie!