Thursday, April 10, 2008

Our Life

Well I've been realizing that although I could talk and boast about Ethan all day and find it interesting, it might not be quite as thrilling to everyone else, so I've decided to make this blog about our little family and what's going on in our lives. I'm going to add a poll to see what I should call our blog, so please vote!

As some of you know, Chris just started his new job on April 1. He is now a "real" pilot (he'll be ticked that I said that because he says he's always been a real pilot :) Up til now he's been a flight instructor, which means he was teaching people how to fly, giving them their private license, commercial license etc... He would constantly come home and tell me how some stupid kid almost killed him again and he really didn't like the job in general. But now he'll be CAPTAIN of a plane! So what he'll be doing is flying mostly charter flights up to Northern Manitoba. Apparantly his company flies lots of criminals, police officers, lawyers etc. up to Native reserves for court cases. They also fly Americans up north to fish. So because of this job, we have to move to Winnipeg since Chris will be on-call for 10 days at a time.
This is the type of plane Chris will be flying

Two years ago we bought our cute little starter home of only 730 square feet...yes, that's how small it is!! We do have a finished basement which doubles the space and helps a lot, but the house is still small. The new house in Winnipeg is a two storey and is about 740 sqare feet per floor, with a finished basement as well. I am SO looking forward to having space! Even having storage space will be a bonus. Right now we have one room just full of the stuff that we don't have anywhere to put. I'm also looking forward to the deck and garage....no more scraping windows or being scared of hail damage. Most of you have already seen the pics on Facebook, but I've put a few pics up just for fun.
Back of the house and deck
Family Room

Main Floor Bathroom

Living Room

As for me, I actually just got a new job too! I'll be doing booking for a Mary Kay Director here in Steinbach. She'll be paying me commission on the parties I book for her, as well as for some office work. This is seriously the best job to do from home! #1 I get to stay home with the kids #2 I can do it in my pyjamas or sweats and the person on the other end of the phone will never know. #3 I don't have to wear make-up #4 It only takes a few hours a week! I'm really excited about it, and it came at the perfect time.
Well, if you've made it through this novel, I'm impressed. That's it for now on the life update!

3 comments:

KadeyJesse said...

MANDY!! I love your blog too, I honestly got the idea from creeping on our friends blog who did it to document their baby too, I can't wait for that to be the topic of our blog haha, But for now its just boring life stuff. I find it really helpful though especially with my huge family for everyone to sort of be updated on whatever is going on. Anyways, I love your blog and thanks for looking at ours. Take care :)

Lauren said...

I definitely think the 'Come fly with us' title is the best! So original and inviting:)!! I'm so happy for you guys...so many great and exciting things happening...you so deserve it!!! have a happy weekend...talk to you soon:)

Erica H said...

Oh man, that plan put a pit in my stomach! I'm a little fearful of flying, especially flying in SMALL planes. But I hear its the safest way to travel these days...I LOVE your new house! Its absolutely beautiful! I'm sure you guys are going to be SOOO happy in there! Yay, for you all!!!